is it true that classical music can make your baby smarter?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Music actually stimulates the brain. There's been research showing the brain engagement while doing different activities and the brain is at its full capacity when you play some instrument. In a layman's (like me) understanding, listening to music intently and playing an instrument also makes one do mental calculations like how many keys you need to move on a keyboard, what's the tempo of a song etc. This does boost mathematical thinking as well if channeled properly.

Read more

The jury's still out on this question because not much research is available. Some experts claim that learning to play an instrument makes kids smarter in math, but that conclusion is based on research that focused on older children, not babies and young toddlers. However, plenty of research shows that studying music at a young age profoundly influences brain development.

Read more

Most people believe that classical music can make babies smarter, however, I believe there isn't substantial research that has proven it to be entirely true. Here's an article busting "The Mozart Effect" as a myth, according to Baby Center. http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-mozart-effect-classical-music-and-your-babys-brain_9308.bc

Read more

Oh I never hear before however I hear that classical music good for babies cultivate their temper this is what I hear of, well every night I use classical music to make my son sleep and it turn out well and he sleep with peace and faster than usual

studies have proven that both Indian classical and instrumental music helps a child a lot...esp. Mozart and Beethoven

I just follow the crowd.