Is drinking soya milk and take medicine can caused nausea?

Today I eat cornflakes with soya milk and 1 boiled egg as my breakfast. Then after meal I took duphaston, folid acid, DHA, Calcium and Iron. Will this combination can caused nausea? Why?#1stimemom #firstbaby #1st_pregnancy

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Calcium and Iron can’t be taken together. Recommendation is to separate iron from all other vits/medication. For me I’m staggering my diff medication (6medications throughout morning noon and night). I’m feeling nausea as wel, suspecting it is either duphaston or folic 🤷🏻‍♀️

Personally whenever I take milk and egg, it creates a lot of wind inside my digestive system. Not sure why. My nausea will happen when I’m too bloated. I will eat only milk in morning with oats, then afternoon eat boiled egg with lunch is better for my stomach

iron should not be taken together with any calcium supplement or dairy products.. will hinder the absortion of iron! Take any vit c with iron to support absorption of iron. Whenever i take soya milk, i'll take only my calcium supplement.

not really sure about the breakfast that you ate but the calcium and iron shouldn't be taken together though, at least 2 hrs apart for better absorption.

You should take calcium, iron and dha 2 hours apart each as it’ll interfere with the absorption. If you take milk just take calcium pill alone

My Dr told me calcium and iron supplements should not be taken together. My iron supplements caused some nausea for me

Most likely your pregnancy hormones or indigestion , not the soya milk if you usually take it with no issues

I am not sure about this combination. but I had morning sickness due to the iron tablet.