Sleeping Tips

Hi all, any tips on how to make your baby sleep better? I have problems both 1)making her sleep and 2) staying asleep for long. Just to share, I have to rock/cradle her to sleep every night for quite a while, and not always successful as she would sometimes wake up after a while. Baby is 10weeks old.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

At 10 weeks, I recommend: 1) A zip swaddle. Baby feels more secure and sleeps longer, plus it’s harder to break out of. Putting on the swaddle before naps/bedtime also acts as a sleep cue 2) Stop the rocking/cradling. It was the best decision my husband and I made at around the baby age. Haha. We learnt the patting method + swaddling. Put swaddles baby down, turn to the side and cup your hand, then pat baby firmly (about once every 1-2 seconds, cannot be too gentle). That calms baby down and also makes baby fall asleep. It worked well till about 4.5 months, by which time we had trained her to self soothe and sleep longer on her own. 3) Start training your LO to self soothe. Don’t be in the same room your baby sleeps in. Use a baby monitor to watch your baby during naps. When baby wakes up, don’t go to baby till baby calls. If baby’s calm and looking around the cot, let it be. At this age, waiting 3-5 minutes even if baby is crying is alright. Gradually, you’ll see baby being contented with staying in the cot (and not crying) for longer durations. 4) Once baby’s 4-6 months old, you and your spouse need to decide what form of sleep training you’d like.. choose whatever works for you physically and emotionally (yes it can be very emotional, especially if you do the cry it out method). But from my two kids who did sleep training at 18 months and 4.5 months respectively, there are no negative emotional consequences to the children, and they really sleep much better at night after it, making the naps also better and more consistent. My first child (now almost 4) doesn’t even remember that she did sleep training last time, and she’s been sleeping in her own room, falling asleep by herself each time. Keeps everyone in the house sane. Haha. Hope your baby sleeps better soon:)

Read more

For me I believe babies are not meant to sleep through the night... so well, parents have to pay a price lor. My boy would wake up every 1.5-3 hours every night till he was about 15mo. In terms of making her sleep, it does take some time and effort to establish a sleep routine, and being consistent in the time you put baby to sleep. But once that is done, life will be easier!

Read more
Thành viên VIP

We had the same problems . My daughter was diagnosed with sleep disorder. It takes a while before she really slept through the night. Play some soft soothing music,make sure the room is not too cold or hot, try not to talk to your baby during night feeds etc. You can find more tips online. It gets better as they grow older though(:

Read more
5y trước

Hi, how long did it take for it to become better? Also, does your daughter Co sleep with you and your husband, or does she sleeps alone in a cot? I am wondering which is the best option. I find that both of us can't really sleep well with her on the same bed as well. However, if she's sleeping alone in a cot, we find ourselves constantly monitoring the cctv to see when she will wake up for her night feeds.

Super Mom

A carrier works for my baby. We carry and rock her to sleep until she's 4mo before she could fall asleep on her own. We co-sleep too. Even now at close to 6mths now, when she's cranky we still carry and rock her to sleep, or just bf her to sleep

Thành viên VIP

Since your baby is still small it's fine for her to be in e same room as you, get her a separate baby mattress or in a baby cot next to you. Co sleeping is fine, I find I sleep better when shes in the same room as us.