Importance of Tracking Baby's Developmental Milestones

Hello TAP Mommies! 👶 Discover the Path to Your Baby's Potential! 👣 Are you curious about the "Importance of Tracking Baby's Developmental Milestones"? Join me for an enlightening #AskTheExpert session, and let's unlock the secrets together! 📣 Topic: Importance of Tracking Baby's Developmental Milestones 🗓️ Date: 11th October, 2023 🕒 Time: 8pm to 9pm NOTE: Drop your questions below this post. ⚠️ Here's what you can expect: 🧐 Understand why tracking developmental milestones is crucial. 🌱 Learn how these milestones shape your baby's future. 📈 Gain practical tips for monitoring and supporting your baby's growth. Warm regards, Ms. Ng Hui Ling Master of Education (Psychology)

Importance of Tracking Baby's Developmental Milestones
32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby was born at week 36. I read from some articles that babies born before 37 weeks have different milestones compared to babies born full-term. Are milestones determined by the due date and not the birth date? Is this true? For example, if a baby is born at week 34, 6 weeks behind, does that mean I have to check the milestones 6 weeks later?

Read more
8mo trước

Milestones and Preterm Babies: 1. Due Date vs. Birth Date: Milestones are typically determined by a baby's due date, not their actual birth date. This means if a baby is born prematurely, like at week 34, they might reach their developmental milestones a bit later compared to a full-term baby. 2. Adjusted Age: To account for this, doctors often use what's called "adjusted age" or "corrected age" for preterm babies. It's like taking into consideration the weeks the baby was born early. So, if your baby is 6 weeks premature, you might track milestones as if they were born 6 weeks later than their actual birth date. 3. Keep Monitoring: It's important to track milestones based on your baby's adjusted age for the first few years. This helps you get a more accurate picture of their development. 4. Unique Timing: Every baby is unique. Some preterm babies catch up quickly, while others may take a bit more time to reach certain milestones. 5. Consult with a Pediatrician: Your pediatrician can