Choice of Ward

We still have not decided whether to go for A1 or B1 ward for KKH during/after delivery. Wondering if any mummies have any good or bad reviews of the different ward types? #KKH #hospital #delivery

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I stayed in KKH A1 in May this year and I would say it’s a bit of a splurge but a very pleasant experience to not have to share room with others. Your husband can also stay over with you in the hospital, the other classes cannot. At A1 wards, you’d also be able to pick from a menu of foods for each meal, like in a restaurant and maybe the food quality and serving portion is better compared to class B as well. You would get a lot of privacy and bed rest without having the interruptions of the guests of other patients in the same room with you. I did not regret going for A1 ward. My visitors can also talk to me without having to worry about being loud and disturbing other patients’ rest in the same room. You get your own private toilet and bathroom too (like in a hotel).

Read more
2mo trước

Don’t worry about the huge sum for mine because I stayed in the hospital much longer than the usual 2D1N

I'm delivering my baby at KKH in late August, the only benefit i see between the both choices is A1 is a 1 bedder where they allow someone to stayover with the mother. B1 doesnt allow stayover, so if mummy requires any support, do consider A1 since the top up isnt too much for the hospital stay. The subsequent follow up for both will be at private rate, so there is no difference.

Read more

I've heard that the only difference between these two are that for A1, you can choose your preferred gynae to deliver and have a private room after. Besides that, you have to wait for medications for the same amount of time like the other subsidised patients so not much of benefits to be honest.

they will "room in" the baby, let u nurse the baby right next to u regardless of ward type. it's very important for the baby to bond with u right after birth. I was in subsidized ward and the nurse will definitely attend to me when I ring the bed bell, it just took some time.

b2 also is nice

2mo trước

Agree with you all. She’s really very irritating. Empty vessel makes the most noise.