How much you all spend for your baby in a month?

My son is less than a year old. My MIL said that the money I sent home, SGD$1000 is NOT enough. I feel a bit ridiculous la cos it's like half of my salary leh. And a baby less than a year...is a bit...🙄😑#advicepls #firsttimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Erm actually the day nanny rates now is also 1k, and then u need to bring the Fm and diapers to them. If feed solids they will ask u to add on $100 more. So in a way u not paying ur mum the market rate if she needs to buy Fm and baby related stuff. I feel elderly are not savvy enough to buy online or on expo sales. I buy my 5 tins of Fm (similac) and diapers (naturemade) on promotion and it already cost me $300-320 a month. About every two months I need to buy baby shower foam and cleaning supplies/ baby wipes, there about $50. Then she see any cute clothes she may also buy ma. If not u try reducing your mum allowance to $500 and u buy all the supplies, see how much can u save from here? For me these expenses on average is about $600 a month. U can use CDA account monies to pay for some Fm at certain retail pharmacy but i rather save this money for childcare later.

Read more
4t trước

Oh sorry my bad I assumed and thought in Sg context. If its only nanny fees then its more than enough. Hmm what's her allowance if there's no baby to take care? When my Lo drinks more I bought my big tin stage3 Similac at 150rm, 3 tins per month now..offspring and drypers is way cheap in Msia. With 1:3.5 now, rm3500 I would assume life in msia is definitely more affordable to raise a child.

Did she include her labour and her own expenses? If yes, then 1000 is not enough. Cos outside nanny rate is 6-800.. Maybe u can ask her if all is spent on baby stuff. Sometimes old people will have this thinking that they are “working” for you to help you take care of your kid. Sigh…

Read more

when do you all start buying baby stuff huh? how much to spend? I don't intend to buy so early as I am waiting for Baby Expo and other sales 😆 but then I am afraid I will feel overwhelmed if I buy all at the last minute. can anyone advise.me please?

Read more
1y trước

for baby stuff, try carousel, baby grow very fast, no need to buy so many new things

$1000 is more then enuf .. for milk and diapers... water bill... more den enuf... unless bring go Dr or worst hospital den will cost more.. but definitely basic necceties more den enuf

1y trước

If $1k in SG is enough, mine in Malaysia eh...is crazy...3000 a mth for a baby