my baby doesn't know I am his mother :')

Sometimes I feel sad so deep that it's hard to put into words. My baby, now 2 years old, the little one who always charms with their innocent smile, never knows that I am her mother. It's been a year since she came into this world, yet they still refer to me as "auntie" every time we meet. Initially, the decision to entrust them to my cousin felt like the right one. I was pregnant out of wedlock, at an age deemed too young by my family to have a child. My cousin, let's just call her Rachel, kindly offered to adopt and raise them as her own. Despite it being an act of great love, I can't deny the pain that creeps into my heart every time my daughter calls Rachel "mom." Each "mom" comes out of my baby's mouth feels like a stabbing reminder of the fact that I never got the chance to be her mother. But on the other hand, I feel relieved. I see how much love Rachel and our family have for my daughter. They care for them with tenderness, giving them a happy and loving life. Although they may never know that I am their mother, I am grateful that they are growing up in an environment filled with love and warmth...... Gosh, I really can't hold my tears now

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Truly feel your heart ache.. It's ok, agree with the other moms who say that you can do some financial planning and ensure you're in the right place to provide for your toddler. she's only 2, she has her whole life ahead of her, pre school, primary school, secondary school, tertiary education. You have plenty of opportunities to be involved in her life and watch her grow. Stay close to her. When she grows older, you can always explain to her about your relationship. The beautiful thing about this is, your daughter has so many people to dote on her and love her, she is a very blessed girl. Praying for you to be strong and that it will all work out in future.🙏

Read more

I’m sorry this is happening to you. I hope you will eventually find peace. Perhaps your child is too young to understand what’s happening and who is her biological mom. I think as your child grows older and gains better understanding, she can comfortably call you mommy. If the adoptive parents do not mind, all of you could introduce the concept of who’s the birth mom and who’s the adoptive mom. I believe when it’s started early, the child will only learn it that way from the start without having to be told later in life as if it’s a surprise/secret. May God ease your affairs ❤️

Read more

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I myself a FTM is still having the anxiety whether my baby knows me I'm his mother or that whether he likes me. To imagine your position it's really making me feel emotional. But may I ask, was it really necessary to let your baby referred u as an aunt instead of a mum? One day when your baby grows up, if she knew the truth, it could hurt her. I hope you and your family would make a wise decision as end of the day, everyone just wants the best for your baby. It is okay to still refer you as her mother.

Read more

Maybe one day your child will find out. Gather yourself and be financially stable to provide a home. You never know when will that moment comes. You wanna be ready for it.

Aiyo..my heart aches for you. It must've been a really really hard choice to make. I hope one day you'll find your inner peace in whatever ways. Jiayou mummy.

It must be tough on you. Stay strong 💪🏻

Influencer của TAP

🙏💕

🤍

🤍