Please suggest some activity in which I can engage my 6 year old daughter. I work from home and am unable to spend time with her or play with her most of the time because of which she is watching too much of television. Since I have to work and at crucial times, I am left with no option but to put TV to her. What do I do?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You know children want their mother's attention a lot, they want their mothers to play or just spend time with them. I can understand your situation completely as I am going through the same situation. I work from home and my daughter ends up watching TV for a lot of time. I gave her some drawing, painting, playdough, puzzles to keep her engaged, but her interest was short-lived in those. However, I called one of her friends at home and they both were playing nicely keeping each other's company. Also, sometimes I send her to her friend's house to play for maybe an hour and a half. Then I get her back. This way, her mind is refreshed and she then plays or does her homework at home happily. Hopes this helps you.

Read more

You can buy interactive story books and puzzles. You can start by reading her some parts when you're free and hopefully she will pick up the habit when you're busy. My younger cousin really loves her books based on fantasy which has puzzles and quizzes! Kids also have a lot of stories to tell. So you can even ask her to make her own drawings and stories and tell her that you want to read them when she's done. This will definitely stimulate her mind and she will feel like what she has to say is important to you.

Read more

for a 6 year old, there are many art and craft options, also, there are so many books and toys that you can engage your child in. not just that, you can help her set up a class with her toys and act as teacher. these games keep them occupied. in case you can work without internet for some time, you can take her outdoors and let her play while you do your work on your laptop.

Read more

At 6 I am sure she wold be interested in art and craft activities. you can print out different colouring sheets from her and give them on a daily basis. you can also give her interesting work sheets that she can do at home. end of each sheet, you can add a star to the page and i am sure she will be super engaged and super happy too :)

Read more

i recently bought a Leap Frog for my 4 year old and it is something she is really interested in. the best part is that it keeps her entertained for long while also helps her learn.

well you didn't mention her interest. ...buy I may suggest play dough box..painting canvas. ..origami box...blocks... or storybooks.

I would suggest to provide some musical instruments and have some classes for the activities either at home or outside.

Thành viên VIP

Engage her is reading instead, u can also send her for dancing,swimming, karate, yoga, phonics to keep her engaged