Hi parents, any ways of encouraging toddler to drink medicine ? My girl have no problems with drinking medicine till this doctor medicine once she saw she run away . She 32month old.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When my baby had problem drinking the medicine last time I will put into her milk feed but I separate out into two bottles. One bottle with perhaps only 30ml milk so I know my gal will definitely finish this and I will put the Med in this bottle. The other bottle is the rest of her normal feed. However I find that giving them medicine directly instead of mixing into drinks will be more effective for the medicine to take effect. I use syringe to inject into the back and side of her mouth. She will struggle but no choice need about 2-3 adults to do this. One to feed, one to hold her down and one to coax or standby to give tissue lol. When my bro had issues eating Med when he was young my mom will give him a little bit of Chinese preserved plum , just a little bit or a bit of rock sugar. No choice but have to use these to coax them

Read more

Actually I don't recommend adding medicine to the drink/ribena/milk unless u are 100% certain that they will finish it - otherwise it's v hard for u to track how much LO has drank and if it's enough for his condition. I think can offer some bribery? Like sweet or something the child likes if they take the medicine. If all else falls, just have to capture them :P

Read more

I gave my 2+ year old boy a sweet immediately after he took a medicine that was bitter. It's just 1 sweet so I saw no harm and it would take away the bitter aftertaste. A better choice might be a Vit C sweet like Scott.

Thành viên VIP

I actually mix the medicine in their drink. Ribena, milk, etc. I know not that ideal but better than nothing. :)