Afraid of blood tests. Any advices?

Only 7 weeks pregnant but I know there is a few blood tests to take during pregnancy. Never had a blood test before and I know I have bad/deep and small veins. Anyone have tips to overcome my phobia?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t worry you’re not alone! Hahaha. I still have fears drawing blood. And I have very Low tolerance for pain. The thought and feeling of the needle poking through my skin.. OMG.. I usually look away and don’t even think about it. I don’t anticipate when the needle is going to poke into my vein. I don’t bother looking at the nurse wiping down the area with alcohol swab either. It’s like as if I treat it like I’m taking blood pressure where you have to give your arm for a few seconds and then it’s done. Keep telling myself just get it over and done with cause there’ll be more blood tests in the coming months of pregnancy and in future as well. For the sake of my baby, oh why not just a little red ant bite. Giving birth is worse. Epidural? Ah you don’t say. Recovery period also hurts, whether natural or c-sect. Maybe try looking at your phone, reply a message with your other hand, do whatever to distract yourself and just don’t focus on the other hand. It’ll be over before you know it. Good luck!

Read more