Numbing cream before blood test

Hi mummies, i have super bad needle phobia and was wondering if we could use numbing cream before and blood test?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

They do use numbing cream before blood test but tbh, for people who have bad needle phobia (like me), I can feel all the needles especially when the needles used for blood test are way thicker. Just grit your teeth and look away 😅. For labour, hug the laughing gas and let them do the epidural/iv drip needles while you’re on laughing gas. I was super high on it I didn’t feel anything at all 😂.

Read more
6mo trước

To add on, because i cant stand the pain, I took painkiller jab for my contractions (before 3cm dilation) plus laughing gas after 3cm dilated, so I don't even feel the epidural at all. I am super pain intolerant so this was a shock to me. Doctor said she gonna insert the needle, I was so scared of the pain, waiting for it but then she is done already, no feeling of even being pricked. I think combined effect of the painkiller + laughing gas is super amazing. You can try this haha. Epidural is super amazing also, I think 2 doses of epidural is enough, but I accidentally used 3 because I didn't know how it worked. In the end I didn't even feel anything when doctor cut me up below. No pain at all so I could just push as hard as I can and baby is out within 2 breaths lol.

I was lucky to have a very skilled nurse for blood test (the one that we need to draw 3 tubes of blood at different timings). Didn’t really feel a thing. Personally asked for her help for the blood draw at a later time and she did help!! Was truly grateful for that. Hope you get a good good nurse!