Ranting about In laws

Not sure if im being sensitive. Im currently 20 weeks pregnant, and am taking a career break till I deliver. I am currently staying apart from my husband (i stay at my hs, he stays at his. He or I go over to his/my hs during weekends) as our bto is only ready next year. We will be staying at my parents hs after I deliver as my room is just alot bigger. I think I spoilt him too much by giving him too much personal space and he is dreading staying at my hs after the baby comes. I dont interact with his family that often but without fail when I go over to his house, his mum will always ask him if he is staying home or gg home with me as if she is afraid her son will be separated from her. She would keep quiet if my husband is coming over to my hs. I am pregnant for goodness sake, isnt it only right that my husband is with me? Also my sil, 40yo, who is single with no kids loves to keep asking me when am I going to go back to work, why am I not signing up for sports activities since Im very free, and commenting on my weight and size now that I am starting to have a baby bump. Its not like I wont be returning to the workforce after I deliver. Its quite annoying when I all I need now is rest and recuperation for the arrival of our baby. She doesn’t understand that I get sever cramps and aches in my pelvis and spine from this pregnancy. During today’s father’s day dinner, we went to a fancier restaurant (my husb paid) and after dinner my sil asked me if the food is good. I said yes, and she replied doesnt mean its expensive and free for you, means that the food is good. What does that even mean?? I buy them food and bring them out occasionally too. My husband feels like Im overthinking with what they say. Worse still he even asks me if it is necessary to stay with me all the time after I deliver. He is a husband that tries his best in fulfilling things that I request but sometimes I feel really frustrated with his family and him. Not sure if its the hormones… 😮‍💨

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

honestly his family doesn’t matter , what matter is no matter what happen he stay and stand by your side!