Normally how you sterilize ur baby bottle feeding? Using steamer, tablet or just rinse with hot water? Sterilize after each feeding or just once in a day? Tia

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think, the best thing you can buy when the baby is taking bottle feed is to get a steriliser. You can wash the bottles and then put them inside the steriliser to have them clean off all the possible germs. Or if you do not have a steriliser, you can wash the bottles and then put them in the boiling water pan, and let them be in that water for a few minutes. Then take them off, let them dry and use fro the next feed. Repeat it, before every feed. You must sterilise the bottle after each feed.

Read more

i boil a big pot of water and collect the bottles through the day (only sterlised after each feed when baby was a newborn, but now use it for feeds within 3 to 4 hours), then dump it all in. i do rinse the bottle with regular water after each feed, so that it is free of any residual milk. also, once they are ready to be sterilised, i clean with regular liquid soap and then add in the pot of boiling water.

Read more

Typically, hot water, soap and some scrubbing is sufficient to help clean the bottles. From what I've heard, it is recommended that the most important time to sterilizer a bottle is when it is newly bought, before the first use. Soaking once a day should be fine as long as you wash the bottles (with hot water and soap) thoroughly after each use. :)

Read more

When baby was a newborn, i sterilised after every feed. If you have a steriliser then use thatm otherwise, i do the old school way. Container or pot filled with boiling water, and dump everything in. Not everyone can afford a steriliser. See what you can afford and what you need. When baby is older, i would say once a day will suffice.

Read more

When my kids were babies, I sterilized the bottles twice a day by keeping them in boiling water for some time, that's it! I didn't use any tablet or steamer. My babies never had any issues.

I will wash them once a day, will gather all the dirty bottles wash, soaked, and rinsed in warm water + baby dish soap. Then I used microwave sterilizer also once a day.

For me I have six bottle they are enough for a day. So wen Im done with the first one I wash it and put it away then late I boiled them together 😂

Sterilize at all times. In my case i use a steamer/electric sterilizer to ensure all bottles, nipples and utensils used by the baby are super clean.

steam and rinse with soap and hot water. at least 2 times a week. after every feed I just wash with lukewarm water

We have a sterilizer for baby's bottle but i suggest to just rinse with boil hot water, that is the best way.