Newborn sleep tips - how to get newborn baby to sleep well and get onto a schedule?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

1. Set up a bed time routine- should be between 30 min to 1 hour, including baby bath, baby massage, change to pyjamas, last feed etc. Ensure lights are dimmed and room is quiet. Feeding baby just before sleep is good because breast milk contains tryptophan, an amino acid that is used by the body to synthesize melatonin. Maternal tryptophan levels peak late in the day, and when infants consume tryptophan before bedtime, they fall asleep faster. 2. Swaddle baby and have her lie down on her back to sleep. In three different experiments, infants who were swaddled and place on their backs showed improvements in sleep. They experienced fewer startles, awoke less often, and spent more time asleep. 3. Switch on a white noise machine. White noise is a proven infant sleep aid. In an experimental study of newborns, 80% of infants assigned to hear playbacks of white noise fell asleep spontaneously within 5 minutes. Only 25% of control infants fell asleep spontaneously.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

My baby has been sleeping through the night since she was two months old. I dream feed her around 3 or 4am and don't change her diaper because she's on Merries - a very absorbent diaper brand which can last through the night. The important thing is to ensure that your baby is comfortable. - Food: Feed and burp baby before putting her down - Clothing: Ensure clothing is not too thick and stuffy - Environment: A dark, cosy room with the right temperature will aid her sleep. I didn't train my daughter or place too much pressure on either of us. Babies will adapt into a routine. That said, very newborn infants wake up a few times at night. This cannot be avoided as their stomachs are too small for them to remain full the entire night.

Read more
Post reply image

Not just pertaining to sleep, this article provides some useful information on establishing a general routine for your baby (through either parent-led, baby-led or combination). http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-basics-of-baby-schedules-why-when-and-how-to-start-a-rou_3658352.bc?showAll=true Potential benefit is that it will likely be a smoother transition to another caregiver if you are going back to work.

Read more

Having a bedtime routine will be good so baby can get into the habit of knowing when it's time to fall asleep. A checklist like the one below can be helpful. Bedtime routines which include lullabies, reading etc are also good ways to bond with baby at the end of a busy day.

Post reply image

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1810)

thanks