My NB is less than 2 weeks old currently on both breastfeeding and bottle feed. In the night she wakes up nearly every hour looking for my nipple jst for comfort. My confinement nanny says to use pacifier but somehow I don't feel too comfortable with starting a pacifier so young at her age. Does it matter how old a baby starts sucking on a pacifier?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I never liked the pacifier option. Baby was constantly using me as a pacifier. Till date he is 6 months old and refuses the pacifier. However, you may want to think about times when you want a break especially if there is no external help. There are pros and cons using a pacifier which you may want to consider. At the end of the day we all want the best for the family and tood. :)

Read more

Why don't you sleep beside your baby so both of you will get a good sleep at night. You can easily offer your breastmilk if baby wants milk in the middle of the night and based on my experience baby sleeps more comfortable knowing that mom is just in the side. You can put your baby's crib beside your bed or you can sleep beside your baby in bed.

Read more

Please ignore your confinement nanny! I've heard so many bad stories about their advice. Go with your instinct. At 2 weeks old, it's not unusual that baby wants to latch all of the time. It's for food and comfort, which you should give.

I only intro pacifier after 1 mth because the pd said that my boy is drinking too much. But he wasn't addicted to it usually when he was abt to slp. At 6 mth, he totally ditch the pacifier.

I cosleep with baby and let him comfort feed. Well for my my bub refuses to take the pacifier so i dont have an option. Thus i have gotten used to him feeding whilst i sleep.

i would say please do not introduce the pacifier. it is a habit that is very tough to break. i didn't use it for any of my kids, and trust me, i don't regret it one bit.

Not at all, we consulted our dentist, the pacifier won't infect her masticatory muscle and gingival developments

Not at all, we consulted our dentist, the pacifier won't infect her masticatory muscle and gingival developments

Not at all, we consulted our dentist, the pacifier won't infect her masticatory muscle and gingival development