My 5 year old is studying a private preschool now.. While I am generally happy with the school, it is rather small and the school fees keep increasing. Thinking of enrolling my 1.5 year old in another center, mid ranged and Gd reviews. Anyone changed kindergarten for their kid be4? Any implications?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have a friend who decided to change childcare centre for her child as her boy was not enjoying himself at the previous one. He would cry (even at the 6th week) and fuss when they are going there every morning (while he did not do that for his enrichment class). My friend figured that the centre was not a good fit for him. The change suited him as he adapted rather quickly and by the 4th week, he was able to go to the centre "tear-free". I think finding a suitable centre for your child is important. Children adapts quite quickly so your child would likely be able to make new friends after a while. However, every change is stressful to them and the first few weeks will likely be difficult. Good luck!

Read more