My 5 year old is studying a private preschool now.. While I am generally happy with the school, it is rather small and the school fees keep increasing. Thinking of enrolling my 1.5 year old in another center, mid ranged and Gd reviews. Anyone changed kindergarten for their kid be4? Any implications?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just to share, my daugther changed 5 preschools since N1 due to relocation. I can say young children adapt new environment, teachers and friends very fast. My daugther has no problem to adapt new schools so far. If your kid feels upset before changing school, you can bring her/him to the new school for a tour and introduce the main teacher to him/her so that to make it more familiarize for him/her. If your kid feels upset after changing school, try to comfort him/her and find out what are the reasons. One of the reasons could be she is missing her old teachers and friends. You can arrange a meet-up with old teachers and friends for her. This works for my daugther too. It will normally take about 1 to 2 months for the kid to settle down in the new school, from my own daugther's experiences.

Read more

I have a friend who decided to change childcare centre for her child as her boy was not enjoying himself at the previous one. He would cry (even at the 6th week) and fuss when they are going there every morning (while he did not do that for his enrichment class). My friend figured that the centre was not a good fit for him. The change suited him as he adapted rather quickly and by the 4th week, he was able to go to the centre "tear-free". I think finding a suitable centre for your child is important. Children adapts quite quickly so your child would likely be able to make new friends after a while. However, every change is stressful to them and the first few weeks will likely be difficult. Good luck!

Read more

I had changed my gal from a childcare to a kindy recently. The cons are total adaptations from a familiar place (cc) to another unfamiliar place ( kindy) where she has to make friends again. The good thing is she likes the environment and the shorter hours. Choosing of kindy depends on your location. You might want to search the nearest kindy and do some comparison from the MSF website at http://app.msf.gov.sg/dfcs/kindergarten/default.aspx. Then from there shortlist and Google on reviews on the shortlisted kindy. I went for an orientation and spoke to the Principal before making the leap of faith. Thankfully it went well. Hope works for your child too.

Read more
8y trước

can i chk if they do learn more at CC due to longer hours? coz kindys have pretty short hrs..txs!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5155)

It really depends on your own feeling about that particular pre school . Both my girls are in PCF ( 100% government ) .