pregnancy milk - yay or nay?

Hi, is it a must to drink mummy's milk during pregnancy? Because I find it abit heaty and I stop drinking for like one month. But my friend told me that it is important to drink until I give birth.

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can replace other milk like almond milk, soya milk, vita soy or oat milk etc. If you are diagnose with GDM, pregnancy milk is not recommended due high sugar level

Thành viên VIP

No it's not. I didn't take it because I had gestational diabetes and mummy's milk has sugar. Took non-sugared soy milk for calcium instead.

Thành viên VIP

Not a must.. I tried to drink everyday but eventually got lazy and forgot about it. Baby is still healthy and well when delivered.. haa

Thành viên VIP

Not necessarily; any pasteurised milk is fine. I actually didn’t like mummy’s milk as they tend to have this “metallic” taste

Nope it is not a must. I skipped that :) I only started drinking when I recvd a tin of Dumex mamil mama when LO was born.

Pregnancy milk only start is gynae recommend. I’m 28 weeks now and doc advice that there is no need to drink pregnancy milk.

Thành viên VIP

I didn't drink any mummy's milk. I just drink mainly fresh milk. As long there is calcium intake you will be fine.

not a must, but do eat more freshly cooked food and take iron supplements if prescribed by your doctor. All the best!

Not a anything necessary. Your prenatal Multivitamins and having a balanced diet should be more than enough

I feel that pregnancy milk is good for both mother and baby. Drank them during both pregnancies.