Drinking fizzy drink during pregnancy

Hi. Do u guys drink fizzy drink like coke, pepsi when pregnant? Cause that the only drink i can swallow. But i eill only limit it to one can a day. Is it ok?

39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I stopped drinking fizzy drink at the beginning once I found myself being pregnant at the beginning. However i do crave for it around 8 weeks of pregnancy as i started to feel nausea. I feel much better after i burped. So i am now taking a cup or two a day of sparkling mineral water (no sugar) mix with low sugar Ribena to make it as a flavoured drink for myself. It's really helping to reduce my times of nauseation.

Read more
Super Mom

The amount of caffeine in coke is not that much (about the same as a cup of tea) but if you also drink tea or coffee might want to cut down the coke. Too much sugar is never good and puts you at risk for diabetes so I'd say even regular people shouldn't drink coke everyday.

I can per day is definitely too much. There's a lot of sugar plus assume u will also have other forms of sugar intake in your diet. E.g. Chilli sauce, bread jam.. Too much sugar will lead to baby to big and you will have high chance of gestational diabetes..

All these drinks has artificial flavouring. Coke has Caffine. If you can try to avoid. Understand the craving. It takes time. Keep trying more different drinks you wunt know maybe your bb change their mind and not keen in fizzy drink anymore. 😉

It’s too high sugar even if it’s one can. One can of Coke is equivalent to 39 grams of sugar which is almost 10 teaspoons sugar Everyday. This exceeds the daily recommended quota of sugar. Please limit it.

I used to dislike fizzy drinks but i guess bby follow the daddy. Sometimes i can drink coke like drinking water(only on days baby wants coke) but on some days, i couldnt even bear a gulp . Weird baby haha

Thành viên VIP

Yes but I only drink occasionally and limit it to one cup per time. Not advisable to drink daily as it will interfere the ability of nutrients being absorbed by the baby during pregnancy.

I have had soft drinks during pregnancy but only once in a while ... I really feel that One can a Day is a bit too much...do try your best to reduce intake of fizzy drinks at this time.

I drink them once twice a week. I had difficulty drinking plain water. It makes me vomit more. So i limit myself to a few sips a day. Just to satisfy my taste buds. Do it in moderation.

Thành viên VIP

1 can a day is quite a lot. What about 1 can a week 😂. Those drink have really high sugar content which is not good for mummy and LO. Alternatively u can try sparkling water.