Getting induced

Hi mumsies! I'm at week 38, and I've been given another week to try to naturally dilate before I get induced. I'm afraid, cos I've heard horrible, painful stories from those who have been induced. If you have been induced before, how was the experience like for you? What part of the induction hurt so bad? For those who weren't induced, what helped with natural dilation? I know sex, squats, walking and curb-walking help, and I'm gonna do them daily for the next 7 days 😂 Edit (update!): I didn't get induced! I had my bloody show at week 38 day 2, after a cervical check, and had contractions the next day. Went to admit myself on Sunday afternoon cos I was having contractions 6-10mins apart. Stayed overnight and was guided by nurses to do lots of walks around the ward and also do deep sumo squats (5x10 secs each)! I feel that helped. I had also been drinking the raspberry leaf tea as well as dates daily. Our bundle of joy came out on 1 April! 😍

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Gave birth naturally w/o being induced to my first two kids at 39 weeks ish. Didnt do anything specific to induce. However, my 3rd didnt even want to come out yet even at 41+1.. decided to get induced bcoz i was getting too anxious. Preferred to wait but just couldnt take the feeling anymore. I tried everything to induce but none worked. I would say, the pain between being and not being induced has no difference. Its just that when being induced, the process is quicken so the contractions are very intense during the short hours whereas natural takes a while more to build up. I would say being induced was more tiring, i ended up taking epidural because i was worried that i might get too tired to push when the time comes. I didnt want to end up with csec. Plus my first two births were very quick and easy.. for this one, i delivered within 7hours after pill inserted. Overall, from my experience, getting induced is not that bad. I feel like everybody will just end with different birth experience. Depends on your body. Induce or not induced, diff ppl have diff pain tolerance and csec or no csec can happen even when not induced. Dont be afraid. Just do what you want to do, dont be pressured with what others have to say. Follow your body and heart.

Read more