39w3d TODAY

Hi mums! I just went for my final prenatal visit, my cervix is still close and the gynae said not to wait long and suggests for induction as there are risks of stillbirth when baby is >40 weeks. I got scared hearing all the health risks baby might face but at the same time I am hoping for natural dilation. I ended up booking an induction appointment on my edd to fulfil 40 weeks. I still have 4 more days to hope for a miracle. Pray for me!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are two schools of thought. Those who believe baby will come when they are ready and doctors who take the more cautious route of not wanting a baby to be in distress. Chat with your doctor on what the specific risks are. I have a birth plan but also think its fluid and I will make the best decision with a professional opinion on what’s safest for my baby and me. Try walking, swimming, bouncing on a big exercise ball, spicy food, a vaginal sweep and inter course :)

Read more

My cervix was closed at week 39 when I went for induction. The nurse will put a solution to dilate the cervix. after 3cm dilation then they will give epidural if you opt for epidural 😣

Intercourse. The semen will soften the cervix

walk more