1cm dilated

I’m 39 weeks 1 day now and it’s still a waiting game for me and my bb. Is it normal to deliver only on edd or after edd? I’m 1cm dilated from last weekend’s gynae check and he recommended me to wait out since bb is healthy and everything’s normal. My qns is, what if my cervix doesn’t dilate and soften in time? Should I just opt for induction? I’ve seen quite a few mummies doing membrane sweep, should I request for it too? What are the chances of it inducing labour? Gynae did mentioned chances of e-csect will be high if induction fails but I’m really hoping bb can come out and not wait till 41 weeks. I do not wish to go for csect at all as I prefer natural delivery. #firsttimemom #pleasehelp #firstbaby #1stpreganancy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is normal to give birth after EDD. My gynae also allowed me to wait for baby’s cue but I had to be induced at W40D3 due to low fluid. Never done any sweep or anything at all. Thankfully for my case, from admission till labour only took 6 hours. Things to note is that 1) Membrane sweep may not work for everyone. 2) If you choose to be induced, each pill will last 6 hours and a maximum of 3 pills will be given. If you (touchwood) did not manage to dilate within the 3 pills, you will have to undergo E-Csect. You can try exercising or having sex to see if you can dilate faster. Good luck! 😊

Read more
2y trước

hi mummy, u manage to give birth of VBAC after the induce? I'm 39 week 5 days did 2 time membrane sweep mucus plug come out but I had a mild cramp. I have to come back again to check on my water level on my edd which is on Monday if still not giving birth the doc will induce me but I'm worried and scared to be induce as I scared to have another c sec.