harmony test

hi mums, just wondering if anyone has undergone harmony test? what made you do it? what is your risk ratio then? how much was it? lastly if it's ok to ask, what is the result? my doctor is actually recommending it, but I'm not convinced. 1)my ratio is 1:700 (he said should be 1:1000 to be considered in safe zone 2)i feel it's too pricey. would rather spend the money for baby things etc. hopefully can enlighten me.. thanks

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same, my risk is 1:500+ but we didn’t do it as based on the scans, baby was developing well in all aspects. Further, my 2 sis-in-laws who were younger than me when they gave birth also had around the same risk ratio, so I guess being older at point of pregnancy and having this rate is considered pretty ok, in comparison. Also, to note, all these tests have 1/2/5% of error so it’s not 100% foolproof even if u get a higher score on any of the tests. Seems like a big waste of money to me.

Read more
Super Mom

Hi dear.. I think the important thing is what you would do with the added information you get. Do you want to know with greater certainty whether your baby has any of these conditions? Would that affect your decision about keeping your baby? If you’re going to keep and love this baby till the end no matter what, then skip the extra tests and spend the money on buying stuff for baby, as you said :)

Read more
Super Mom

It depends on what you want to do with result. If you intend to keep the baby no matter the result, skip it the test. If the result will lead you to make decision, do it.

Depends on your age. I opt for panorama which is similar to harmony as I was 41 when conceived my 2nd child. Oscar has too high false positive as it factors in maternal age.

How old are you? I'm 41 and my ratio is as tri21 1:128, tri18, 1:1414, tri13, 1:901. I didn't do harmoy test also as I believe my baby is strong.

4y trước

Itching it's because of our age. Other result of mine looks fine and no downsyndrome history in families. So I didn't do harmony test or amino test. Just fts

Influencer của TAP

I took it cause I wanted to know my baby's gender. My risk ratio was very low.

U can take other test also other then harmony.. I check mine using the cheaper one..

4y trước

I when to kkh to do the down syndrome test.. Way more cheaper then oscar and harmony..