Mums, what is the longest gap you would have from your last child to your next? I have a 12 yr-old. The gap seems way too big for me to have another baby now. Any opinion on this?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mine is 6 years gap. I thought 6 years is already a big gap. But after reading all your comments.. wow.. I cannot believe that the gaps are so big for some. For me, it is very tiring to handle a newborn after you have rest for so long. Handling a new bub really consume lots of energy and time. Must have some self ready mode before launching the rocket. LOL

Read more

It will be fantastic! My youngest sis and her brother are 12 years old apart. Whenevr she has teen problems, she goes to him first since he is matured enough to help her and she trusts him a lot (something that parents sometimes struggle with teenagers, right?) so the older one can keep an eye and ensure his sibling is ok and that is a big help for parents :)

Read more

I have a 6 year gap with my younger brother and a 16 year gap with my younger sister. We are able to live amicably and help each other out whenever needed. When my siblings were younger I helped out a lot with caretaking and teaching them school stuff. I think big age gaps are cool and relieves the burden of parents.

Read more

For me I feel 3 years age gap is nice, not too close and not too big gap. My younger brother is 10 years younger than me. The pros is the elder one can help to take care of the baby. The major cons is the interests of play/toys will be very different and there will be a communication gap.

Thành viên VIP

In the forum that I frequent, there are mothers who have children with an age gap of 20 years, as their first child was conceived when they were in their teens. I believe they can still be close, but the elder sibling will be more like a mentor than a playmate.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1659)

Thành viên VIP

2 years apart... But my 2nd sis is 2 years apart from me.. Then my bro is 8 years apart from me and my younger sis is 9 years apart.. So its actually depends on individual too.. Sometimes its depend on faith too..

I can't believe so many moms have kids who are gapped so widely apart. I doubt I will be able to handle. kudos to the moms.

thanks

Influencer của TAP

it used to be common & i believe it can work out