Covid-19 Vaccine

Hello mummies out there, is it safe to take the vaccine during pregnancy? My Gynae did told me that only 1 out of many of his patients took the jab. I was thinking to take after give birth. Any advices? Thanks…

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I seek my gynae advice before going for covid-19 vaccination. I do not have any pregnancy complication and no underlying health condition. Initially he asked me to go for the vaccination after baby is delivered because there is lack of study when I was still in my first trimester. I took my first jab (Pfizer) on 7 Sept when I was about 6 months pregnant. I had sore arm and felt abit tired after that. I had my usual prenatal checkup on last Friday. Both me and baby is doing well. I’ll be taking my second dose vaccination tomorrow. Initially I wanted to heed my gynae’s advice to take the covid-19 vaccination after delivering my baby in Dec but due to the recent surge of cases and my dad is a full time taxi driver there is higher chance of us getting exposed to the virus even though I have been WFH since last year April and I rarely go out except attending gynae appointments. Hence, after weighing the pros and cons I’ve decided to go ahead with the vaccination now than later to keep both myself and my baby protected. But ultimately the decision of taking the covid-19 vaccination is still up to you. Jiayous mummy and stay safe!

Read more
3y trước

Thank you ! I also in dilemma stage now