Losing weight during first tri

Any mummies losing weight during first trimester? Is it normal? My usual weight would be about 53-54kg. Now I’m 51.6kg in the morning. Currently 12weeks. #pleasehelp #advicepls #First_Baby

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i lost weight too during my first trimester. From 55kg to 53kg by the 12th week timing. Reason being tt i had very bad morning sickness which wasnt just morning pukes but thru out the day. So bad tt i had a vomit pail next to me most of the time. I could hardly stomach anything, not even my favourite food. The nausea went away around week 14 or so... then i started gaining weight cos' i could finally eat without regurgitating. Hope you will enjoy 2nd trimester too!! :)

Read more

My gynae says losing up to 4kg at first trimester is completely fine. The nutrients from your food intake doesn’t yet go to the embryo. Most impt you take sufficient vitamins D and folic acid supplements as they r needed for embryo development of nervous system, cells etc. I already lost 2 kg at 9 weeks now from 48.5kg to now 46kg. I’m underweight from beginning 😅

Read more

I lost 3kg too despite not having any morning sickness (suspect it’s because I started eating healthier). Didn’t start gaining weight until 18th week. Doc says weight loss in first trimester is not a concern (could be due to healthier diet or morning sickness) as long as baby is growing well :) but might be good to raise this concern to your gynae on your next trip!

Read more

I guess it normal as I lose weight in my first trimester and slowly gain weight once my morning sickness is ok and from 2nd trimester onwards. As first trimester it's more to fatigue and nausea so I don't really have the appetite to eat as a normal person. Don't worry u will regain back all your weight back slowly and the extra pounds 😊

Read more

hihi it's normal.i lost weight too from 56kg to 54kg in first trimester. by third trimester, I lost weight to 52kg due to gestational diabetes too. throughout my pregnancy, gynae said most importantly is baby's weight is healthy range. now baby is born too at 3kg :)

yes. lost 3kg in first trimester due to loss of appetite. but doctor said not to worry as during 1st trimester no need to incur extra calories for baby. took folic acid and prenatal pills prescribed by doctor only

Dont worry. Your gynae will prob tell u if its not ideal. I lost weight from my 2nd to 3rd trimester but i eat normally and mostly the same. Didnt vomit or whatsoever but gynae didnt raise any concern :)

Super Mom

Losing weight at any point in pregnancy does occur. Keep track of fetal growth during your check ups, your own appetite and energy level. Any morning sickness. If weight loss is a lot, do let your gynae know

As long as your baby is growing… then is okay… i also lose 5KG during first trimester due to severe morning sickness symtoms… 💪🏻 u can do it! Fighting!

I lost 4kg during 1st trimester and 2kg during 3rd trimester. it's quite normal to have weight lost. as long as bb is growing well.