How much breastmilk to store per bag for freezer stash?

Hi mummies, my LO is currently 2 months old and is fully breastfed. I have oversupply and have so far been storing around 140ml per bag for use. Any mummies can share their experience with how much recommended for storage per bag? What happens when you only need portion of it when u need to use, do you thaw in fridge and use within a day?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I store based on baby’s intake (waste of bags yes but I rather waste bags than milk). Increase amount as baby grows. First 6 months, I give baby freshly pumped milk and store the balance to freeze, then after that, feed the ones in the freezer and freeze the new milk so that I can clear the older ones. Thaw in fridge, feed within 24 hours.

Read more

I've been freezing my new milk and thawing older ones to feed, 5mth baby. I would usually store slightly more than what my baby is taking, so that when the milk is rotated to be thawed, the amt still sufficient. eg. now baby drinks 150ml, I'll freeze in 160ml, 170ml bags.

Hihi, u can store as much as 350ml in tommee tippee milk pouch, u thaw it and can pour in different bottles, so u don’t have to thaw many pouches in 1go..

Thanks for the replies. Do u store the milk in bottles by LO's feed quantity ready for caregiver in the fridge? :)

2mo trước

For me yes, because not every one can thaw the correct way, so I rather be safe and it’s more convenient for them also. (My mil for example, will use hot water to thaw which is a no no)

I have been freezing 120ml but i am not a over supply mum but just nice.

100ml to 120ml stored. used within one day , leftover for bathing