Reorganising Room For Baby

Hi mummies, I'm expecting my LO in Oct 2021 and cos I stay in a 3 room flat, the other room has been used as a work/storage room. I need to clear it out to make room for the NB and the nanny. But ive heard from old folks you cannot move things out of the house as it affects the unborn baby or something. Is this true? #1stimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What a weird superstition ah all these old folks, lol! You'll have nesting instinct when you're in your late stage of pregnancy. That is when you will feel the strong urge to reorganise or clean your house and it's completely normal. Don't know how many times, basically numerous times that I reorganise my room to make way for my baby's stuff but always remember not to carry or lift heavy things. Leave that to the man to do. I did the heavy lifting when I was pregnant with my 3rd and it actually made my cervix dilated 😬

Read more
3y trước

Yikes! Hope everything was ok. Thanks for the advice!

Thành viên VIP

You might also want to start reorganisation sometime in 2nd trimester as it will be challenging and dangerous for you to move heavy things/bend in the 3rd trimester!

Not at all! I Marie-kondo the house with my husband before the baby arrives! 😄 Just don’t overtire yourself.

3y trước

Thanks!

Thành viên VIP

Clearing is fine so long as u don't tire urself out and u don't lift heavy stuff.

Not true. I tidied up the entire room when I’m heavily pregnant with #1

Super Mom

Not true. Just clear them out and create the nursery of your dreams:)

3y trước

Thanks!