Not feeling kicks

Hi mummies, I’m at my 24th week now. Got into a huge argument with my husband yesterday night. And up till now, I’ve not felt my baby’s kicks and I’m starting to get paranoid ): wondering if it has got to do with the argument at all cos I read that when baby’s are in our tummy, they can sense our emotion etc. Is there anything that I can do to encourage fetal movement?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I felt the same way!! Was very stressed at work one day and i didnt manage to feel much of baby’s kicks. I panicked, drank a glass of cold sweet milo at night and laid down on my side. Felt only 1-2 hard kicks after that, and the rest felt too faint/light. Continued like this for about 2 days until after the stressful situation at work passed, then suddenly baby was VERY active and kicking hard throughout the day ? im at 24w+ too. I only realised this was caused by stress on hindsight.... so i think yes, baby can really feel our tension! :( Try drinking some cold sweet drinks, and lying on the side, it really helped to encourage baby’s movements, however small! Good luck!

Read more

Try talking to your baby. I got into heated argument with my hb few days back as well and for a while there wasnt movement. After that i talk n talk, i felt movement! I was at wk 31+ thou!

best to book an appt with your gynea to double check if you are really concerned. they will strap the baby monitor on you to check.

Can try to shine some light to stimulate baby. And relax mummy :)

Super Mom

Move around, play some music, tap your stomach.