Hi mummies, I'm in sales line and my boss "threatened" that if I get pregnant, he will redeploy me and jeopardize my appraisal for promotion and commission. As we were asked to do annual medical checkup by company but I just found out that I'm pregnant. Therefore, I do not wish to let my boss/ company to know at this moment to be reflected in the health report. Is there any advise or ways to do it?

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

I agree that if there are practices in your company that go against MOM guidelines, you can report your boss. This is just my personal opinion, because my job is also very physically demanding, and there was no option for me to “take it easy” at my workplace or be redeployed to do less strenuous tasks... tell your boss about the pregnancy. Get redepolyed. It’s okay. Take the 9 months to be in a less stressful and physically demanding environment. The baby is way more precious, and the pregnancy can be so draining/painful. Also my personal opinion.. being pregnant doesn’t mean your quality of work is worse than those who aren’t pregnant. I worked really really hard and got recognised for it. I also got a compliment letter during my pregnancy. Today happens to be International Women’s Day. Go show the world what you can do as a pregnant woman. And congratulations on having a baby! ❤️

Read more