Sad how I don’t have the energy to dress up when I’m pregnant

Hi mummies, I have a question. When you are pregnant and you are out with your husband, does your husband look at other women in front of you? How do you feel? Are you offended? Sad how I don’t have the energy to dress up and put on make up anymore when I’m out with husband. I used to be very vain before married. Right now after married and currently preggy and will be due anytime soon, the energy is not there anymore to look good with makeup. Very frustrating!

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's completely normal to feel frustrated and tired during pregnancy, especially when it comes to things like dressing up and putting on makeup. Your husband should understand and support you during this time, focusing on your comfort and well-being rather than outward appearances. If you're feeling uncomfortable with his behavior, it's important to communicate openly and honestly with him about your feelings. Remember, pregnancy is a temporary phase, and your energy and enthusiasm for dressing up will likely return after the baby arrives. In the meantime, prioritize self-care and do what feels best for you. https://www.lgcdecorators.co.uk/

Read more
Super Mom

I was bare faced every day and chose comfort over style. Haha. I had so much nausea and pain throughout my pregnancy, not to mention emotional crises now and then. It was more important to survive and take care of my baby than to put some extra colour on my face. As for your husband, tell him he’s welcome to put on make up himself to look good in front of you. Lol. Don’t feel offended by his childish remarks. He needs to grow up. You are SO BEAUTIFUL, Mummy! And you’re doing something magical by growing a baby in you. If he can’t see that, then his words are not worth listening to.

Read more

my husband hated me and almost went with another girl during my pregnancy . he lacks understanding me throughout the journey . and he always postponed the monthly check up , so the total times i go for check up is 2 times only for the 9 months :) all i can say is he has never loved me during my pregnancy . both my pregnancy is full of unhappiness and definitely a painful memory for me to recall . sometimes i feel like love is just not meant for me ... anyone else felt the same way ?

Read more
3y trước

Same here, My marriage never been good before pregnancy and getting worse after I’m on my first pregnancy, 33weeks now, he can ignore me for weeks. I’m fully depend on him because I’m not working since we married 🥲 the worst is my family is living in another country, I can’t go back to my parents even after delivery because I can’t risk my baby’s health due to covid situation. I’m only strong because I have my baby with me, I might go crazy and lost hope if I’m not pregnant now.

Dont worry , i felt that way too.. i used to wear so much make up before pregnancy but when i was pregnant i didnt use make up at all it was so difficult for me i dont have the strength to do them and i get insecure and spoke to my husband about it .. Dont worry too much , your husband will understand you are carrying his child and it wont be easy to feel secure not being able to look good .. Have a talk with him,. I am sure he will understand .

Read more
Thành viên VIP

My hubby will look at other ladies even if I'm not pregnant because I seldom make up due to my profession. I just let him see as much as he want but we both know without make up those girls won't be that pretty anymore. While he looks at girls, I will take chance to look at handsome boy boy also 😆 sometimes I will make joke with him that me and baby will dump him when I feel annoyed..

Read more

Its normal not to dress up during pregnancy . The more I wouldn't dress up after baby's arrival because we are very busy being a mummy .. and sometimes , after all the chores .. we would get so tired after a day .. I suggest u need to talk to your husband about it . Cheer up , and don't be sad . U are beautiful , the way u are .. with or without make up !

Read more

Maybe you can do reverse psychology and gaze together with him and then discuss about it. Hahaha! that’s what i did with my hubs. Sometimes he feel a bit Paisay if the girl is really pretty (Cos obviously he was gazing at her), or sometimes we will critic a bit la. Haha! I Guess just be presentable and be yourself la. Don’t worry too much k.

Read more

I feel so insecure. yes he does look at other woman. what I do if we go out, I tend not to follow his gaze or I look the other side. it hurts but I can't say anything. I can't restrict what he can look onto right? I know he loves me but the insecurity will always be there.. sad.

Hi, it is normal to not dress up and do make-up during pregnancy. I would suggest don't think on it too much and be comfortable as much as possible. You can also speak to your husband about it and I am sure he will understand

Super Mom

Nearby I think can be more casual but when going to the shopping centres maybe can put on makeup to make yourself feel good. Mood to mummies is very important so don’t be too stress