Confinement after birth

Hi mummies, how many days of confinement did you go through ? And do you restrict yourself from going out other than to baby’s appointments? Do you also restrict yourself from using aircon & drinking cold water ? #FTM

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i did 30 days, with aircon. just make sure is not blowing directly at u. sg weather too hot, if dont on aircon you will sweat and smelly. unless u bathe everyday. but bathing is not good unless herbal bath. i bathe herbal bath alternate day. and of coz no cold water! food wise i didnt really eat other food except for confinement food.

Read more

30/31 days depending on calendar month. I will still shop awhile after appointments, didn’t specially go out as I didn’t feel good (fat) to do so. I didn’t restrict aircon, fan (face up to ventilate room) and shower (normally without herbs), just didn’t drink cold water. But still drink room temp plain water.

Read more

I did 30 for first 2 and will be doing 42 for my current. I’ll still shower without herbs If I need to run errands will still go out. But will be covering up properly. Aircon will still continue. Cold water maybe sip abit but will be on red dates tea + water most of the time.

Read more

Hello! I restricted myself from going out other then gynae/baby appt. I’m sleeping in Aircon room (weather toooo hot, buay tahan) , do not drink any cold drinks. I even hardly drink water, only drink red dates tea tat my nanny brew. Only bath once (herbal) , bath day time only

30days. Yes I only went out for checkups. Yes I used the aircon at 25degree. No I didn’t drink cold water. It depends on your lifestyle and personal beliefs. I have a friend who went for briyani with her newborn during confinement period and she’s fine.

I did 44 days confinement for both pregnancy. No heading out except mine/baby's appt. No AC nor cold drinks. Also strictly only confinement food.

10mo trước

It was torturing but helps a lot like healing, away from people and getting mind body to be at peace. Also avoiding all the "outside negative vibes" like people/cold air/avoiding virus, etc.

I went out during the confinement days - mainly to send kids to school, accompany hubby, send to babies appointment and etc.