Termination of pregnancy

Hi mummies, has anyone had to terminate their pregnancy (due to the health of the baby) and was able to undergo the surgery through local anaesthesia instead of general anaesthesia? Which week were you at? Can it be perform in the clinic itself? Am waiting for the nipt test result and trying to set expectations..

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Did my termination at week 12-13… I failed at the FTS scan due to birth defect of the baby .. I did at Thomson medical .. I had to go through counselling (it is mandatory regardless private or govt hospital and only can do procedure 24 or 48 hours later I can’t remember).. I then checked in to hospital 10pm or 11pm at night where they insert pills by morning the fetus should be out.. then I went to operating theatre to get my womb cleaned.. I had epidural and the whole process took less than 15 minutes I think.. then next day I went home.. The termination will not be done at clinic itself.. the doctor will give u option for the termination ..

Read more
4mo trước

Hi at wk 12-13 the fetus is still developing, may I know what was diagnosed during the FTS scan? The doc didn’t advise on doing other tests like NIPT or amino?