Polyclinic/public hospital

Hi mummies, a few questions I have which hope you ladies can help: -How many weeks pregnant before you visited the polyclinic for referral? -how much time should I prepare to spend at the polyclinic? -From polyclinic to visit public hospital (NUH), how long was the wait? Days, weeks? -every visit to NUH (subsided), how long is the wait? Thank you!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1. I was about 6 weeks pregnant when I went to poly for referral to NUH. 2. Depends on the crowd. Your appointment will never be on time. Happened so many times already. 3. Also depends on the crowd. Mine was more than an hr then the referral was 4 weeks later. Also the best to see your baby (ultrasound) is 8 weeks & above! Got to see mine when I was 10 weeks+. 4. Roughly is 60 mins wait. They will send you an SMS if your q no. is next. Also they'll send your husband out as it can get way too crowded in the small clinic. For fetal care centre where you'lI go for your ultrasounds at a different building, also the same. Roughly about an hr wait. I gave birth there twice but overall the wait is better than KKH which is even longer (gave birth in KKH x3) cos the clinics are bigger than NUH so more patients.

Read more

- as soon as possible when u know you are pregnant, book online for a slot at the polyclinic - i spent about an hour from seeing the doc to getting a referral appointment date at kkh - the earliest i got was 2 weeks later, the appointment will be booked for u on the spot. if u cannot make it, use the app to change date or call the hospital - not sure abt NUH, but first visit at kkh was quite long because they do quite a few checks. scan, take height and weight, pee stick, blood pressure and u get to see the gynae for questions and medicine if needed

Read more

I will be 6 weeks on Friday, going down to polyclinic to get referral letter on sat. Hmm you can expect to spend abt 1 hour at polyclinic (if you have book appt) from seeing doctor to sending your pee sample to confirmation on your pregnancy to collecting medicine, payment and referral. My previous pregnancy was at kkh. The first visit took abt 3 hours. Subsequent took about 1-2 hours

Read more

Went polyclinic at week 6, waiting time.. Ermm now covid can only enter half an hr earlier.. arrived abt 15 minutes in advance, took the lift up, nurse called to measure bp/height/weight, dr called my number.. pretty fast! Got referral to SGH instead, earliest appt was at week 12. Number was called an hr after appt time

Read more