Hi mummies my baby going to 4th mth old can i intro semi soild or purée to him as recently after wvery milk feeding he dun seem to be full so i think maybe not full so dunno whether to intro soild to him izzit a good idea or needed to wait he grow bigger

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

if he is ready .. Look out for sign . such as able to sit upright or neck control ? I started at 4 months as my baby dont drinks milk due to his teething and he love solid food as compared to milk because he had teeths to chew.. I started with brown rice and puree .. But still recommended to add milk. Of course also try to seel advise from your PD as different baby different period to start.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Best not to if without PD recommendation. It’s to make sure the little ones don’t choke on food, especially when they can’t sit upright yet. Do have a talk with the nurses or PD during upcoming vaccination visits, they will be able to gauge if it’s time to give purée.

Thành viên VIP

No, please don't 4 months old is still young as their guts are not matured yet. if after every milk feed, he always finished his bottle and seem to be asking for more, you can consider to increase the milk portion instead. Solids can only be introduced at 6months onwards.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Their stomachs are not fully developed to handle anything other than formula or breast milk until around 5.5-6 months old. Before offering any form of solids, he should also be able to sit unsupported on his own and show eagarness to food!

Does he have good neck control? Or showing other signs of readiness? U can first increase his milk feed n see if it works .. if it doesn't assess if he is ready .. once he is ready should be ok to start

Post reply image
Thành viên VIP

actually... they say 6 mnths. but i started puree when my baby is 4mnths... as long as they can sit upright... and intro small portion.... we did fine... if u are wary. u can always consult ur pd

Hi four months is too young to start. I started only at 5.5mth. If he is hungry you have to give more milk . That should solve the issue

it might not be wrong. but totally not recommanded. 4mo milk is enough... and their tummy might not be ready...

Thành viên VIP

6 months. their body is not mature yet and gut too

Why do you feel he is not full?