Pantang 101

Hi mummies , anyone here believes in a saying like when u r pregnant less than 3 months u shouldnt tell too many ppl about ur pregnancy bc pantang ??

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, I only told my own parents because I’m a FTM and have no idea on what to do next. My parents will choose their own timing to announce to my grandparents. Through out, I did not inform any friends nor update on socmed so no one pretty much know that I’m pregnant. If they see me on the road that one different case but I don’t feel the need to update anyone including my close friends. I don’t want to be accountable for anything nor have people bothering me during my pregnancy. For my future pregnancies, I would probably not even tell my own parents since I know what to do 😅. Not trying to be ungrateful, just that it’s personal preference. First pregnancy no choice, second pregnancy at least I can choose. 😊

Read more

It depends on how close your and the other party relationship is. For me I feel it’s ok to tell immediate family and close friends. I’ve had 2 miscarriages before and they will be your strongest support should it unfortunately happen. If they are not aware, there’ll not be any support to began with.

I understand the pantang reasons and the stability after 1st trimester. But it was really hard to keep mum about it. Because the first trimester is so so tough, it's impt to have close family/friends to turn to for support/advice. At least tell some trusted people close to you so you don't feel so alone.

Read more

Yes I believe the saying. 1st pregnancy I was excited to share the news and alot of ppl know about my pregnancy less than 3 mths. Then I miscarriage after that. The 2nd pregnancy I only share with my parents & parents in law.

Sometimes its not pantang.. Cause its better to announce after 1st trimester esp after oscar/fts or nipt tests.. when everything are more stabilised.. Coming from some1 who had announced early then experienced miscarriage..

Read more

Better to wait till 3 months. Miscarriage twice & one needed surgery. My husband was too excited, had to announce to his friends/relatives. Learnt our lessons, kept quiet till almost edd and gave birth to our rainbow baby.

1y trước

i try not to inform my hubby. but bocor rahsia..

Thành viên VIP

I didn’t announce my pregnancy to anyone except my management at work. Didn’t even announce it to my parents or in-laws.. I jz prefer to hv my own privacy esp when it comes to managing my own little family.

idk abt that pantang, but my ustaz told me b4 that its more abt who you tell the news to. like limit it to only ppl who you are sure are going to b happy to hear the news, so as to ward off evil eye.

Yes personally rather choose to believe then not esp whenn1st Tri is a crucial period.. Only my hub n I noe about it all the way till we cross 13 weeks then we share it with our parents..

Actually all depends on ur comfort level. For me I only tell close family members and a few friends. For the rest I would share after 1st trimester cos it feel more stabilised in a way.