I am having very bad motion sickness at week 8. Does it go away at the end of first trimester?

Motion sickness

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing motion sickness at week 8 of your pregnancy. Motion sickness during pregnancy is quite common due to hormonal changes that can affect your balance and coordination. The good news is that for many women, motion sickness tends to improve or even go away completely by the end of the first trimester as your body adjusts to the changes. In the meantime, there are a few things you can try to help alleviate your symptoms: - Eat small, frequent meals to keep your stomach from getting too empty or too full. - Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day. - Avoid strong odors or foods that trigger your symptoms. - Get plenty of rest and try to reduce stress as much as possible. - Ginger, whether in tea, capsules, or even ginger candies, can help alleviate nausea and vomiting. If your motion sickness is severe and impacting your daily life, it's important to speak with your healthcare provider. They may be able to recommend safe medications or other strategies to help manage your symptoms. Remember, every pregnancy is different, so what works for one person may not work for another. Hang in there, and hopefully, you'll start feeling better soon! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

u probably mean morning sickness. For many mummies, it does eases up after first trimester, though some unfortunately have it for the whole pregnancy. If it's very severe, do let your gynae know, in case it's Hyperemesis gravidarum.

It depends. I had mine all the way till third trimester. Do ask your doctor for dicletin if it’s very bad

💕