Expert Q&A Session with Gina Yong

Hi mommies, Here is your opportunity to ask anything and everything about breastfeeding to an expert in the field. We are honoured to have Gina Yong, Breastfeeding Consultant and Parenting Coach, who will be answering questions pertaining to breastfeeding. Gina has helped thousands of parents successfully breastfeed their babies and coached them in giving the best of life to their children. She is also the founder of the largest and most active Facebook-based breastfeeding support group in Malaysia: The Breastfeeding Advocates Network (TBAN). Drop your questions below! Gina will be answering your questions on Thursday, 13th February 2020 at 11am. So ask away! *please note that questions unrelated to breastfeeding will not be entertained and questions sent in after 11.30am on Thursday might not be answered

Expert Q&A Session with Gina Yong
40 Các câu trả lời
 profile icon
Viết phản hồi
Thành viên VIP

hello mdm, mcm mna nak tahu jika breast milk berkurangan? asal bby nangis je msti ade je org ckp susu tak cukup lah, bby tak kenyang.. tp my breast still pancut susu sendiri every 1 hr cuma tak bnyk mcm after delivery lh. now bby 9 months. Thanks Gina.

4y trước

berat bby sgt okey smpai nurse puji masa 6 months haritu haha.. kuku pun tiap minggu mesti potong.. slalu nya bby sy nangis dia nak org teman dia main toys tp tu lah semua ckp tak cukup susu.. nasib lah suami memahami sy hahaha.. Thanks for the explanation mdm Gina! 😉

Thành viên VIP

Hi Gina. I’ve been breastfeeding (EP) for 4 months now and I haven’t lost much weight. I am not even back to pre-pregnancy weight yet. Is that normal? I only eat 3 big meals a day (till I’m full) and almost no snacks in between.

4y trước

How big is your big meal? :-P choose a healthy balanced diet, ensuring you take lots of fruits and vegetables, adequate protein and not over-eating the simple carbs like rice, noodles and breads. Remember to drink plenty of water, and continue to breatfeed. Eating healthily and breastfeeding should help you become fitter and thus help you achieve a healthy weight. if you still need help in losing weight after your baby is 1 year old, do seek consultation from a nutritionist, dietician or a fitness consultant. Btw, most mommies (may) take about 1 year to go back to their pre-pregnancy weight

Thành viên VIP

Hi Gina. Saya stop breastfeed anak ketika usia 10 bulan disebabkan luka teruk dan saya mengalami trauma agak teruk. Sekarang anak 1 tahun 3 bulan, boleh ke saya nak cuba breastfeed anak semula? Buat masa sekarang dia minum susu full cream.

4y trước

Boleh cuba bagi dia menyusu, tapi jangan paksa la. Klau memang nak bagi susu badan, mommy boleh cuba pump jika baby tak nak hisap dari payudara Baby dah besar, seharusnya akan berhenti menyusu akhirnya juga.

sy baru melahirkan baby 6hari yg lepas.. cuma skrg mslh sy, sy kekurangan air susu bdn.. kalau blh mmg nk sgt anak bf je tp smpai skrg anak still dgn formula.. so nk tnya apa ek mknn or minuman yg korg minum utk tmbhkan air susu ?Tq

4y trước

Seharusnya menyusu kerap kerap kerap. Setial 2 jam, as long as baby bangun, menyusu saja la, susu akan cepat bertambah banyak Please get help from : : https://www.facebook.com/TBAN.BFC/

Hi. Sblm ni anak kurg mau nen belah kiri. Byk belh kann so nenen tk sma bsr skrg nih , selps nih susu dh kurg adakah akan back normal ke bntuk asal. Or ada cara lain tk utk smakan balik , sblh kcik sblh bsr . Dh pam still sma. Help

4y trước

Biasanya bila stop menyusu, nennen akan kembali ke saiz asal, ada juga yang menjadi saiz kurang sikit, ada juga yang besar sikit. Selepas habis menyusu, mommy bolehlah rajin urut payudara dengan Virgin Coconut Oil. Ini akan membantu kembalikan payudara kpd keadaan yang baik.

Hi Gina, I'm currently at 28weeks pregnancy. What should I start doing now to ensure I can breastfeed my baby after delivery and can continue to breastfeed her? What is your advise about taking those milk booster cookies etc?

4y trước

the best thing you can do now is to attend my breastfeeding class :-D http://tiny.cc/BF-Parenting-Workshop2020 (dates of classes are in this form) Yes, some of the milk boosters may be helpful, BUT understanding how breastfeeding actually works is the best booster

Thành viên VIP

Hi Gina. 1) Why does my 2 months old baby sometimes refuse my other breast? He prefers one side. 2) Is it normal for him to want every half an hour sometimes? Does that mean he didnt get enough milk earlier?

4y trước

1. Baby likes one particular breast only maybe a. that breast has more milk, and thus, the flow is better b. baby is uncomfortable at the other breast, neck pain, arm pain or whatever.... if this may be the case, do consider seeing an osteopath for an assessment to see if any parts of her body is causing her discomfort. 2. it's possible that baby has not gotten enough milk from just one breast. It's also possible that baby 'pretends' to be hungry because that's the only time mommy will carry her. She needs to be carried, she wants the comfort, Do you constantly put her down immediately after she feeds and do not spend non-feeding time carrying her?

Hi Gina. Is it safe to feed the babies with the mixture of blood and breast milk? How do we know the blood is not infected? One of my milk duct bleed after two days injection on my breast due to engorgement.

4y trước

Okay Gina.. Thank you. 😘

Thành viên VIP

My baby almost 3 months old, she's Nipple Confuse since 2 months olds, she's refused to direct latch.. I only can fed her using bottle.. Is there anyway to direct latch again?

4y trước

It’s not easy for a fully bottle-fed baby to switch back to fully direct latching. It may cause lots of stress for both baby and mommy. It is difficult but not impossible for baby to want to DL again. You can try to spend more skin to skin time with your baby, ie let your baby lay on your naked breast even when baby is not hungry. Keep talking to your baby, tell him "Mommy sayang you baby. Mommy would love if you can latch. But it's up to you baby. Mommy sayang you so much" and MAYBE, baby might just suddenly direct latch. You can try using a nipple shield to help baby latch back as it has similar texture to the bottle teat. Get either Avent or Medela nipple shield.

I'm breastfeeding for 2 months now and my appetite is very good, it looks I'm gaining weight instead. How long does it take a mum's weight back to normal?

4y trước

Yes, breastfeeding can certainly make a mother hungry all the time. It's because your body is using a lot of energy to produce milk, which should naturally help in weight loss. however, it’s a good idea to choose a healthy balanced diet, ensuring you take lots of fruits and vegetables, adequate protein and not over-eating the simple carbs like rice, noodles and breads. Eating healthily and breastfeeding should help you become fitter and thus help you achieve a healthy weight. So.. go ahead and eat, but eat smart.