Csect maternity underwear @ hospital

Hi mommies that went through Csec @ KKH, the disposable panties hospital give is it the normal one or high waisted ? If i were to bring my own disposable panties, does it need to be high waisted or not necessary ? And for csec mommies, any of you use the kotext panties during your hospital stay? Was it ok? Will it affect the wound ? #firsttimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

recent C-sec patient at KKH here, the disposable panties provided is the maternity types. It's kind of huge and very high waisted for size S/M people. I had to fold the waist band down to keep it away from my incision site and my postpartum belly for the first week. Will be helpful as well when you are on binder and need to use the toilet. I didn't used the Kotex panties that I brought along as it was abit tight and rubs alot on my incision site. (personally feel that the panties might be too stuffy for the wound as I perspire a lot and the recent weather is too humid)Would prefer to use the disposable ones + maternity pad provided or the very low cut panties that won't touch the incision site.

Read more

kotex panties is very comfortable and convenient but I find them a bit tight as I still have a small belly after c- sect birth. maybe you can also bring some sanitary pads and disposable panties. hospital do provide pads too. not sure about disposable panties though.

I had csec and I used Kotex overnight panties and it didn’t affect the wound as there’s a dressing on it. Most importantly is that it doesn’t leak and you don’t have to keep changing the overnight panties. Really like this product

had csect at kkh. they provide the normal one, not high waisted. i personally prefer the high waisted one as it makes me feel more 'secured'. i didnt use the kotex panties tho.. i used Tena lady pants so not too sure.

I didn’t bring any pad to the hospital. I chose high waist disposable panties for csect recovery at home. So comfy I hope to wear them everyday after confinement.

they provide disposable panties and pad. can just ask them if u finish. the disposable panties is normal ones but usually will be above the scar area.

11mo trước

recent C-sec patient at KKH here, the disposable panties provided is the maternity types. It's kind of huge and very high waisted for size S/M people. I had to fold the waist band down to keep it away from my incision site and my postpartum belly for the first week. Will be helpful as well when you are on binder and need to use the toilet. I didn't used the Kotex panties that I brought along as it was abit tight and rubs alot on my incision site. (personally feel that the panties might be too stuffy for the wound as I perspire a lot and the recent weather is too humid)Would prefer to use the disposable ones + maternity pad provided or the very low cut panties that won't touch the incision site.