Pumping Breastmilk

Hi mommies, how do you all find the motivation to pump every 2-3 hours for more than 6 months at least? I’m only into 2 months of breastfeeding and already feel dreadful whenever I need to pump 🥲 also, when did you all stop breastfeeding? #firsttimemom Update: thank you to all mommies for your advice and replies! Appreciate it 🙏

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We fixed feed since day 1. I pumped for about 3-4 times a day, for a year. My idea was bm is like birdnest, got then good, don’t have also nothing to lose. I managed to last that long cause I extended my maternity leave. So if you’re working, manage your time and balance things out. In the long run, nobody is going to praise a child because he/she is bm fed. It’s not going to be a qualification for anything. It’s hard to jump out of the mindset, I know cause I was there myself. Do what you can and what you want. Fed is best :)

Read more

“Breastfeeding can lose weight fast” is my motivation. I stopped pumping at 18 months. It will get better when your body get used to the hectic wake times and short amount of sleep. Also, when bb is older, you can start dragging pump sessions (5-6 hourly). My first 12 hours of undistrupted sleep was at 18m and definitely the best sleep of my life till date 😂. But still, if it’s taking a toll on your wellbeing, it’s fine to mix feed, don’t stress yourself 😊.

Read more

Stop at 2 months. My mental health is more important, I got postpartum depression and I cried everyday. So, my hubby ask me just to stop. Anyway, my daughter is 19 months ald and she is healthy and quite seldom get sick even though we sent her to IFC since she was 3 months old. Some people find it can lose weight but for me not. Since then I feel happier than ever.

Read more

I stopped around 3rd month because the mental stress is getting to me. I decided that fed is best and that being a happy mom is more important so I just feed my child with formula milk since then. My child grew up healthy and didn't fall sick as often as my niece who is on breast milk

Pumping was mentally difficult for me too as I prefer direct latching. Nothing to wash and instantly can feed baby. Now baby is 9 months, I direct latch in the morning and night feeds, then day feeds use formula milk when go ifc.

if u need to rest u rest. whenever u regain energy then u can pump. if it compromise your mental health then i may change to formula. its also can make your baby full and healthy

Influencer của TAP

i always try to do my utmost which also means that i tend to be easily stressed... hence the super low bm supply... nothing seems to help... stopped at 8mo

2 weeks plus and gave up