baby often vomits after feeding

Hi, Moma, I'm feeling really worried. My baby (2 months) often vomits/spits up after nursing. My mother says it's normal, so we need to be extra careful. I already feel like I'm being very careful, but he still vomits frequently... sometimes he vomits while nursing, so he often chokes. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I totally understand your worry, but it's great that you're reaching out for help. It's actually pretty common for babies to spit up or vomit after feeding, especially in the first few months. This happens because their digestive system is still developing and their esophageal sphincter, the muscle that keeps food in their stomach, is still maturing. However, if your baby is vomiting a lot and seems uncomfortable, it's definitely worth checking with a pediatrician just to rule out any underlying issues. In the meantime, there are a few things you can try to help reduce the frequency of vomiting: 1. Keep your baby upright for at least 30 minutes after feeding to help the milk settle in their stomach. 2. Try smaller, more frequent feedings to prevent overloading their little tummy. 3. Burp your baby frequently during and after feeding to release any air that might be causing discomfort. 4. Pay attention to your diet if you're breastfeeding, as some foods can cause sensitivity in babies and lead to more frequent spitting up. As for the choking while nursing, try feeding your baby in a more upright position and make sure they're latched on properly to prevent them from taking in too much milk at once. Remember, every baby is different, and what works for one might not work for another. Hang in there, and don't hesitate to seek support from your healthcare provider if you feel like something isn't right. You're doing a great job, mom! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hi, for my 1st baby, we bought her an angled pillow 📐 & it solved the problem. A few things we did, first we make sure she burps irregardless. Secondly we will place her on the angled pillow for 20mins before laying her flat or carry her around. Thirdly, we ensure we get rid of the gas in her tummy daily. The legs bicycle kick exercise are great.

Read more