MIL took my newborn out while I was sleeping. Call her and she said bring the bb out for her xmas gathering. Gone for few hours now and she didn't even bring diapers and milk powder. How do I tell her not to do that again?! This is really frustrating!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You might want to try telling her nicely your concerns and reasons why she should not do so, like the Xmas gathering might have many people around and you might not know who's sick or who's not and the baby might fall sick, It might be tough to expect our MIL to listen and follow everything but setting boundaries might help in this situation and it will lessen the tension.

Read more

Try to communicate with your MIL to let her know your expectations on her, e.g. in this case she should never bring baby out without your presence at all. We need to be firm right from the start to let MIL understand our expectations. The key here is communication and understanding.

Thành viên VIP

It's actually extremely rude of your MIL to do so. Your newborn is your baby and she should have asked you for permission. I agree with telling her that you are uncomfortable being away from baby. Be firm but polite so she cannot argue back.

You need to talk to your MIL and tell her that your not your not comfortable bringing baby around a lot of people especially when your not with baby. It’s not advisable also to take NB out so much around a lot of crowd.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-725)

U are the mother. U have the right to debate it but with politeness

Super Mom

.. i too will be frustrated if i have a MIL like you have. 😪

thanks