Mother breastfed my baby

My mother was taking care of my 3 months old who was very fussy. I went to make formula milk meanwhile she said to my baby are you hungry and put her breast in her mouth and joked baby you won't get milk her. I definitely didnt like it and took her breast out and shouted please don't do this. Am I overreacting? When I again told her not to do this again ever she said you dont understand the joke. I dont like someone kiss my baby lips or do something like this be it my own mother. How do I draw that line? Its my baby and she loves her grand daughter but these kind of stuff make me angry. Am I wrong?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I completely understand how you must be feeling in this situation. As a parent, it is natural to have certain boundaries and expectations when it comes to the care of your child. It is important to communicate your feelings and concerns with your mother in a calm and respectful manner. Firstly, let your mother know that you appreciate her love and care for your baby, but also explain how certain actions make you uncomfortable. Express your concerns about her breastfeeding your baby as a joke and explain why it upsets you. Make it clear that you do not want anyone, even family members, to engage in such behavior without your consent. To draw the line and establish boundaries, have an open conversation with your mother about what is acceptable in terms of interacting with and caring for your child. It may be helpful to discuss specific actions or behaviors that you are not comfortable with and explain why they bother you. By having this discussion, you can reach a mutual understanding and ensure that your wishes are respected when it comes to your baby's care. Remember, as the parent, you have the right to set boundaries and make decisions regarding your child's well-being. It is important to communicate these boundaries in a kind and firm manner, emphasizing that your intentions are to protect your baby and maintain a healthy and respectful relationship within the family. You are not wrong for feeling upset or wanting to establish boundaries in this situation. Trust your instincts as a parent and prioritize your baby's comfort and safety. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

No wth, I would flare up. I feel latching is something very personal unless I personally allowed you to do so. Mother or not, I don’t care if you still have milk after 20 years but basic respect is common sense. Be stern to her that this should be the only and last time and you’re offended and unhappy as you feel it’s not something that should be taken as a joke.

Read more

What your mom did is not okay. And you are not wrong for feeling this way. U are your child’s mom not your mom