LO sleeping through the night, do I need to wake him up and feed?

My LO has been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old and he's turning 4 mth next week. I still wake him up to feed despite him sleeping soundly as I thought babies should still be fed at night even though we can drag the interval to 4/5hours instead of 3hours. What are your thoughts about this? Shall I stop this routine if my LO is sleeping through the night and only feeds him after he is awake? eg, sleeping from 10pm to 6am

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

don't wake him and enjoy the peace! ours also did that and from about 2months or paediatrician told us just to let her be. they will let you know if they're hungry or need something that overrides the sleep

If your baby is having stable weight gain then there's no need to wake him up intentionally at night for feeding. Just feed him in the morning when he wakes

My 2.5 month old son is also STTN on some nights now. We just let him be. He will wake up and cry if he's hungry haha so just see his cues bah.

how do your babies sleep through the night? is it because they know how to self soothe and make themselves sleep even if they woke up?

We didn’t wake the baby up. We dream fed when our baby didn’t drink much during the wake hours.

no need, just give dream feed only baby can drink while sleeping must have pillow to elevate head,

let him sleep peacefully haha, mine wakes up at night and sleeps in the morning

Influencer của TAP

not a need to wake him