Overfeeding?

My LO is 2 months old and i'm currently feeding him Naan Optipro 120ml every 3 hours. Im not sure if i'm over feeding him as we have been increasing his milk intake but we did not extend the interval to feed him. Realised that the recommended feeding table behind the formula tin is 150ml and 5 times daily only. Please advise. Current: 120ml x 7 times = 840 Ideal: 150ml x 5 times = 750

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! It's great that you are so attentive to your little one's feeding needs. At 2 months old, babies can vary quite a bit in how much they eat and how often. The feeding recommendations on the formula tin are guidelines, but each baby is unique and may need slightly more or less. If your baby is growing well, has regular wet and dirty diapers, and seems content after feedings, it’s likely that you’re doing just fine. Babies often increase their intake during growth spurts, and it's not uncommon for them to need more frequent feedings at this age. You mentioned that you're feeding your baby 120ml every 3 hours, which sums up to 7 times a day and a total of 840ml. The "ideal" on the tin suggests 150ml five times a day, totaling 750ml. While there's a slight difference in volume, the more frequent feedings might be exactly what your baby needs right now. If you’re concerned about overfeeding, you could try gradually increasing the amount per feed to reach closer to the recommended 150ml while reducing the number of feeds. Watch your baby's cues; if your baby is pushing the bottle away, turning their head, or showing signs of fullness, it might be time to stop the feed. Additionally, keep an eye out for any signs of discomfort like excessive spit-up or fussiness, which could indicate overfeeding. If these signs appear, it might be worth consulting with your pediatrician to get personalized advice. You're doing an amazing job by paying close attention to your baby’s needs. Keep trusting your instincts and adjusting as you see fit. Enjoy these precious moments with your little one! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
1t trước

thank you laura. really appreciate your long and detailed explanation regarding my concerns. ❤️

if baby wants the milk, it's ok to feed to him. I rmb voicing this concern to the pd when my baby was around tt age as his weight was increasing exponentially. The pd just said its ok, the weight gain will eventually taper off. Now tt my LO is in ifc, he falls sick so often tt his weight gain had plateaued instead. So it was a good thing tt he was heavier at the start at least :')

Read more
Influencer của TAP

i only used the recommendation as a rough guide :)