Could i be over feeding my baby?

Hello! My LO is 5 weeks and 5 days old. He used to have severe jaundice in the first few weeks so we kept force feeding him to help him get better. Now he is 5 weeks and 5 days old and drinking 80-100mls 10 times a day, drinking about 850mls a day. The doctor at the polyclinic told us he should be drinking only about 700 mls a day. The problem is, even with 850mls, he still keeps asking for more milk and actually wails when we don’t give him. Because of this, his daytime sleep is also suffering. Please share if I’m over feeding! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy! not to worry, at this age babies tend to cluster feed. theres no such thing as overfeeding (unless to forcefully feed your LO ofcourse). they'll let you know (by spitting out the bottle etc) if their full! my son (5w) is drinking 90-120ml per feeding so imagine how many ml in a day. they'll lose the weight soon, don't stress it!

Read more
2y trước

Thank you for the reply! I was quite worried and I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one feeding this amount because all the old folks at home keep saying it’s too much. 🙆🏻‍♀️