Is screen time beneficial or not nescessary ?

LO is 18mths old . From young , ive been refraining her from screen time , be it television cartoon or youtube for kids. I do not want my child to be dependent as i think this is not needed .i do not want my child to end up needing to watch video when traveling , eating their meals and etc . Right now she is doing fine without too . From time to time , will open educational song and rythmes for her to hear. She attends playgroup too . I do not want to introduce all these to her as i feel tht she is too young and i know this might cause behavaral problem . But for my husband and inlaw and others , back then when living with them , they will put her infront of the tv beside them as young as 4months old . Im not comfortable with this. Now my kids is 18mth old , i would rather want them to spent proper time with her like playing than to put her beside to watch tv or youtube to her . Like , if u want to watch ur television , u can hand over my kid back to me not distract and make her watch tv with u when she want to play . My husband is thinking im overreacting with this screen time and thibk its okay for her . Am i wrong ? Every mom wants the best for their child . #advicepls #firstbaby #1stimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mum, No screen time for kids below 2 years age is a good practice