Electronic devices - Watching cartoons/YouTube

So as the title says, cartoons and YouTube. And this could probably be the best creation for all parents. But it also do have its cons for it. My child have been exposure to cartoon probably when she’s 2 years old when she starts her solid food. I first introduce it to her to calm her down during meal time. And now she can now search for videos by herself on YouTube and keep herself occupied. She doesn’t really watch cartoon all the time as she stills play with her toy most of her free time. But the cons I have experience with her watching cartoon is if she watch it during meal time she will take longer to complete her meal. Do also take note to not let your child get too close to the device while they are watching the video. Cause you don’t want to spoil their eyes. Are your child being expose to cartoons/videos? What are your thoughts on this? Share with me.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes it's inevitable. My boy started watching tv occasionally once in a while at 5 months but I limit it to abt 5-10 min on educational cartoons. Now at 7 months and I'm back at work, he's probably watching cartoons on tv every day cz my mom takes care of him. I can't be too choosy since I know it can be hard for her esp when feeding him as my baby will always try to stand up in his chair even when buckled. She does try to limit the amount of time. I just remind my mom not to let him watch on phone or tablet, which is an absolute no-no for me.

Read more