feeding

Hi! Would like to know if anyone here is feeding 110ml with 3.5 scoops of Fm to a 4kg newborn? My LO will always asking for more, but as according to the tin, it says this and i gave it according but she will feel discomfort and vomit out milk or even water with milk residues.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I rmember when i brought home my son, we gave him 30 ml for every 2 hrs. The following two weeks we gave him 90 ml every 2 hrs. He kept regurgitate throughout that period too and we slowly bring it down to 60 ml. My son at that point of time too kept wanting more milk, he will cry after every feed but we know what will happen when we increase his intake. 110ml seems too much for 1 month old. We had the same thoughts as you too and follow the milk intake according to suggestion on tin but we kept monitoring our son and true enough even though he kept crying for more milk after each feed, he did no longer regurgitate or vomit out his milk and will sleep longer too as his tummy was not in discomfort. Seems to me your child tummy is not able to take in 110 ml per feed. Try to cut it down and he will regurgitate less.

Read more
Super Mom

Please don’t follow the tin... her stomach is still really small. And when she’s ver young, she may not br able to push the bottle away well, hence she drinks when you feed her. That’s why she throws up. If she’s fussy after drinking the initial 30-60ml, it could be for other reasons like feeling bloated/tired/insecure, etc. Burp her and hold her to give her relief and comfort. The awake interval for newborns should also be at most 45-60 minutes, so when approaching that time, start getting baby to sleep before she becomes overtired

Read more

My little one 2 weeks old and he drink depends on his demand sometime 60ML start and he doesn’t want to go sleep, carving for more and I make 60ML, he also finished and go sleep peacefully. No puking because I burp him every break. It depend on your baby needs, if he wants more give him. Baby will reject bottle when he full. As Long as he doesn’t puke should be alright.

Read more

As a guide total amt baby takes a day is 570-900ml , divide that by no. of feedings per day and u get the amt per feed. For a newborn they tend to feed abt 8-12 times a day. My girl who is 2 wks old 3kg+ drinks abt 40-60ml per feed every 2-3 hourly, total 500+ml a day. I find 110ml is on high side unless ur baby feeds less frequently.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

I find it too much for newborn to drink 110ml, too much can overload baby's  tiny stomach My boy currently 5months, his weight is 8.6kg which is above average, he's only drinking 120ml every 2-3hrs You may want to consider feed less more often? Check with your PD as well during follow up

Thành viên VIP

I think it is too much for that age. Even when I bottle fed EBM to my girl till 7 weeks, she will always throw up milk if we gave her anything more than 90 mL. How about give your LO 90 mL first then if he still wants milk, then give him another 20 mL?

110 ml is too much. I think start with 90 ml and see how your baby is able to consume. Then based on the consumption pattern you can decide

Influencer của TAP

Too much milk. Sometimes don't just read what it states. My nb is on high demand side but only drink 100 ml for first 2 weeks

5y trước

My newborn is already a month plus .

Thành viên VIP

110ml is too much.