Cough and flu

Ive been having flu and cough. Pretty bad. Kept coughing the past 3 days and sneezing non stop too. Sometimes when i cough or sneeze, my lower tummy feels weird and contracts. Very worried it affects my baby inside. Im currently at 17 weeks :(

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh no, it sounds like you're really struggling with the flu and cough! It can be so tough to deal with, especially during pregnancy. It's great that you're concerned about how it might affect your baby. First of all, make sure to rest as much as possible and stay hydrated. You can try drinking warm water with honey and lemon to soothe your throat and ease your cough. It's also important to continue taking your prenatal vitamins and eating nutritious meals to support your immune system. If you haven't already, it's a good idea to check in with your healthcare provider about your symptoms. They can provide guidance on any over-the-counter medications that are safe to take during pregnancy. To help ease the discomfort in your lower tummy when you cough or sneeze, try holding a pillow against your tummy for support. This can help reduce the pressure and discomfort. Remember that it's normal for your body to experience some changes and discomfort during pregnancy, but it's always best to consult with your healthcare provider to ensure everything is okay with you and your baby. Take care and feel better soon! If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to your healthcare provider. Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

hello i think it's best if you see a&e. because currently i'm at 12 weeks and having cough, flu and fever, i went to a&e and after did some swabs, they found out i'm having Influenza A. and i have to be admitted. atleast they can treat you at the hospital and they will check your baby too.

I also had very bad cough and flu during second trimester. It got even worse when I tried to eat minimum medicine and only got better when I took antibiotics. My gynae advice is to take med and recover asap so that it won’t affect baby. So go see a doc, take preg safe med and rest well!

Please consult a doctor and get pregnancy safe medication instead of letting it heal by itself. It will not affect your baby inside if you get it heal asap. Do not self medicate too.

Do see a doc and get safe medication asap :(

Influencer của TAP

GWS 🙏💕

💕

💕